- Blues vs. Sharks recap...it wasn't pretty. [SLGT]
- Ryan Reaves has been suspended three games for his hit on Sharks defenseman Matt Tennyson. [SLGT]
- Alex Pietrangelo may be back in time for Saturday's game in Nashville against the Predators. [SLGT]
- Brian Elliott is expected to be out at least 4 weeks. [SLGT]
- Beyond Checkerdome presents Episode #119: Three Oh and Yeo. ugh. [SLGT]
- Jake Allen is ready to pick up where Brian Elliott left off while he was away. [Lou Korac/In the Slot]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE NEW YORK RANGERS:
- They're from New York and wear blue shirts. Some people think the goalie is quite attractive. [Blue Shirt Banter]
- The Vancouver Canucks newbies have a lip sync battle. [Puck Daddy]
- The San Jose Sharks are having the best game giveaway ever!! A Brent Burns Chia pet!! I want eleventy. [CBS Eye on Hockey]
- Mike Yeo talks to Michael Russo about being fired by the Minnesota Wild and confirms some peoples' speculations on the situation. [Star Tribune]
- Ilya Kovalchuk has been stripped of his captaincy of SKA St. Petersburg and scratched from playoff games in the KHL. [Puck Daddy]
- Alex Ovechkin got a penalty for having two sticks while on ice. Why is this a news story? I remember Erik Johnson getting this penalty several years ago (why I remember that, I have no idea). [CBS Eye on Hockey]
- The movie rights for a John Scott movie have been sold and a screenplay will soon be written. [CBS Eye on Hockey]
- In Sherbrooke, Quebec, a 21 year old junior player was arrested on the ice after an altercation with a linesman. [CBS Eye on Hockey]
- Steve Yzerman would like to trade the suspended Jonathan Drouin by the 2/29 trade deadline. [Puck Daddy]
- Sports highlight of the day. [Deadspin]
- Top ten Australian animals that won't kill you (except maybe with cuteness). [Kotaku]
"Paradise" by Coldplay
And "Princess of China" featuring Rihanna.
Yes, some of us actually enjoy Coldplay.
Donut King returns Saturday . . . presumably . . . from NashVegas.