Before you head down to the Winter Classic today (the game is still scheduled for noon, but I wouldn’t hold my breath), make sure that you have all of your bases covered.
Most importantly, St. Louis Game Time won’t be sold right in front of Busch. It’ll be sold various and sundry places nowhere near Busch Stadium. Please double check this post and plan accordingly (and tip your vendor).
Second most importantly, it’s going to probably be damp today. Have a flexible schedule. The Vince Coleman Memorial Tarp won’t be rolled out, but the weather might cause a rain delay on the game if it impacts ice conditions.
Keep in mind that today’s game might be in Busch Stadium, but it is not a Cardinals game or a MLB event. The NHL’s in charge for this one, and they have a different list of dos and don’ts. Those of you who purchased your tickets through official channels should’ve gotten this information. Those of you who did not (say, you used StubHub or a similar service), may not’ve gotten this information.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE / DECEMBER 30, 2016
FAN REMINDERS FOR THE 2017 BRIDGESTONE NHL WINTER CLASSIC® & 2017 NHL WINTER CLASSIC® ALUMNI GAME
The National Hockey League would like to remind fans attending Saturday’s 2017 NHL Winter Classic® Alumni Game and Monday’s 2017 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® about some traffic, parking and security matters:
*All guests are encouraged to arrive and enter Busch Stadium early to alleviate the long security screening lines at all gates.
* Will-call tickets can be picked up at the 8th Street ticket windows next to Gate 3 at Busch Stadium. A valid ID that matches the Will Call name is required to receive tickets. No third party Will Call will be accepted.
Winter Classic Box Office Hours (all times are local):
December 30: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
December 31: 9 a.m. - End of 1st Intermission
January 1: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
January 2: 9 a.m. - End of 1st Intermission
*Guests three (3) years of age and older are required to have a ticket to both games. Guests under the age of three (3) may sit in a ticketed guest’s lap for the 2017 NHL Winter Classic® Alumni Game and the 2017 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic®.
*All items entering Busch Stadium are subject to inspection. Items prohibited from the stadium include, but are not limited to:
· Bags larger than 16” x 16” x 8”
· Beverage Containers
· Binocular Cases
· Briefcases, Luggage
· Camera Cases (Small cameras and binoculars not in a case will be allowed. No spectator cameras with lenses over six inches (6”) long will be permitted.)
· Fanny Packs, Cinch Bags
· Illegal Substances
· Inappropriate Signs
· Knives of any length
· Laser Pointers
· Laptop Computers
· Movie Cameras
· Noise Makers
· Outside Food and Beverage
· Seat Cushions larger than 1” thick or that include backs, compartments or pockets
· Selfie sticks
· Water bottles
Busch Stadium management and the NHL reserve the right to deem any other item inappropriate.
*Security and law enforcement officials will be on-site to ensure the safety of everyone attending the events. All guests, including children, must consent to a search of their person and anything they are carrying. Metal detectors will be located at all stadium gates.
*Guests may not exit and re-enter Busch Stadium using the same ticket.
*Fans are required to adhere to the NHL Fan Code of Conduct. Violation of the Fan Code of Conduct may result in eviction from the venue without a ticket refund.
Parking & Public Transportation
*There are several parking garages and surface lots in the downtown area that sere Busch Stadium fans. Additionally, Busch Stadium can be accessed by public transportation via the MetroLink. Fans may take a train to the Stadium Station located on 8th street between Spruce and Clark. For information on routes, fares and scheduleshttp://www.metrostlouis.org/ or call 314-231-2345.
*Designated driver booths are located near guest relations centers inside Busch Stadium, one on level 1 by section 147 and one on level 4 near sections 340/440.
The PreGame presented by Enterprise
* The PreGame presented by Enterprise in Ballpark Village – Lots A & B is the hockey-themed, family-friendly, official pregame tailgate party of the NHL Winter Classic. The event is free to the general public and will feature hockey attractions, special appearances, food and live music, including a special game day performance at 10:30 a.m. from Grammy Award-winning and Diamond-selling St. Louis native Nelly.