The NHL released the 2017-2018 schedule today. The season, for both the league and the Blues, opens on Wednesday, October 4th, when the Pittsburgh Penguins face the Blues after raising another Stanley Cup championship banner to the rafters.
October 7th is opening night at the newly renovated Scottrade Center, when former coach Ken Hitchcock returns with his Dallas Stars. Get ready for the retrospective video/standing ovation. The Blackhawks and Blues play four times, twice at Scottrade, and the dates bookend the season: October 18th and the final home game on April 4th.
The Blues will be playing the Vegas Golden Knights for the first time on October 21st, but fans will have to wait until January 4th to see the new team in St. Louis.
The Blues have 14 back-to-backs this season, including three in October:
- October 9th at the Islanders & October 10th at. the Rangers
- October 18th vs. the Blackhawks and October 19th at the Avalanche
- October 27th at the Hurricanes and October 28th vs. the Blue Jackets
- November 24th vs. the Predators and November 25th vs. the Wild
- December 1st vs. the Kings and December 2nd at the Wild
- December 9th at the Red Wings and December 10th vs. the Sabres
- December 20th at the Flames and December 21st at the Oilers
- December 29th at the Stars and December 30th vs. the Hurricanes
- January 6th at the Flyers and January 7th at the Capitals
- February 8th vs. the Avalanche and February 9th at the Jets
- February 27th at the Wild and February 28th vs. the Red Wings
- March 23rd vs. the Canucks and March 24th at the Blue Jackets
- March 30th at the Golden Knights and March 31st at Arizona
- April 6th at the Blackhawks and April 7th at the Avalache