Finally some light at the end of the hockeyless tunnel. The 2018-2019 schedule is finally here. As we found out yesterday, the Blues will start out at home in the shiny (old but new) Enterprise Center. In fact the first three games of the season will be at home.
- Blues and Blackhawks play twice in a matter of a week.
- They play their first back to back in the middle of the month. (AT Chi on the 13th and ANA on the 14 at home)
- Chicago will be right back at The Enterprise at the end of the month for the second time
- The Blues play their first of two back to backs in the month starting with Vegas on the 17th. I’m sure some of you will also note that is a Friday so you know...plan accordingly.
- The Blues have a home and home with Nashville on the 21st (AT NSH) and then on the 23rd (AT Home) to which the Blues will host the Jets the very next night.
- The Blues end the month with a back to back with Colorado and Arizona on the road
- The Blues also play the Hawks again...(Four times in the matter of about a month..Really?)
- No back to backs for the Blues this month
- The team plays the Rangers on New Years Eve.
- Blues visit the Stanley Cup Champs in Washington on the first end of a back to back on the 14th and the Islanders (With or without John Tavares) on the 15th.
- End the January trip with the dreaded LA/ANA swing
- Another home and home with Nashville. This time it’s a back to back on the 9th and 10th.
- NINE count them NINE road games this month.
- Back to back this month at Pittsburgh and at Buffalo
- This month also features the second California road swing, but none of those games are back to backs
*Insert all the at least the Blues made it to April hockey jokes here.
- After playing the Blackhawks four times the first month of the season, the Blues will finally play the fifth and final against them on the third.
Here is the #stlblues 18-19 schedule: pic.twitter.com/vcFKWMIcjW— Jeff Jones (@jmjones) June 21, 2018
Some other notes from the schedule:
The Blues will have 19 “Weekend games” (Fri-Sun) at The Enterprise to include 12(!) Saturday games this year.
The season long homestand this year is seven games in October. The longest road trip is five games but again that Jan/Feb swing has a bunch of away games sprinkled in.
So let the parade planning begin now. Or not. Tune in tomorrow for all of the draft coverage.