Oh, wait, it was? Hm.
The NHL and time stop for no man, so before the beer in the bowl of the Cup runs out, here we go, looking toward September and the pre-season. The Blues announced their schedule today (all times are Central):
- Sept. 16 - Blues at Stars - 7:30 p.m.
- Sept. 18 - Blues at Capitals - 6 p.m.
- Sept. 20 - Blues at Jets - 7 p.m.
- Sept. 22 - Blues vs. Blue Jackets - 6 p.m.
- Sept. 24 - Blues vs. Stars - 7 p.m.
- Sept. 26 - Blues at Red Wings - 6 p.m. (Kraft Hockeyville)
- Sept. 27 - Blues vs. Capitals - 7 p.m.
- Sept. 29 - Blues at Blue Jackets - 5 p.m.
You will notice that the Blues are playing their first and second round playoff opponents, with them in Dallas once and the Stars visiting once, and one trip to Winnipeg to play the Jets. There’s just the one game against the Red Wings, the Kraft Hockeyville game, and that game is the one that stands the best chance of being televised. For the others, you’ll either have to go to Enterprise Center on the 22nd, 24th, and 27th or you’ll have to hope that the opposing team has a feed. As always, though, the games’ audio will be streaming on-line for those outside of the metro area. Inside metro St. Louis, the games will be broadcast on ESPN 101.1.